Sunday, January 15, 2012

Finn's First Haircut

I finally did it.  After months of refusing to get Finn's hair cut, I finally gave in.

I seriously hated to do it.  In my mind, getting his hair cut somehow became a giant symbol for finally letting go of his babyhood.  He hasn't been a "baby" for some time, but keeping his baby hair was sort of like the last vestige of that time.  Plus, he had this ADORABLE little curl in the back of his hair where it was longest, especially around the ear:



I just couldn't bear to part with it.  Unfortunately it just started getting out of hand.  It was constantly in his eyes and sticking out everywhere, it really wasn't good.




I was finally forced to admit defeat when I caught myself putting Zoey's barrettes in his hair just so that he could see:




So in keeping with tradition, Aunt Dawn came over to give him his first haircut:





But I have to say, he really does look so cute with his hair cut!  He definitely has to be much happier not having hair constantly in his eyes.  And that little curl around the ear that I mentioned earlier?  I put it in a ziploc bag after she cut it off.  I'm totally keeping it.  The finished product:






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com