We had just finished making gingerbread houses and I poured a cup of coffee.
Zoey: "Mommy I would like to try some of your coffee"
Me: "It's probably not a great idea for 4-year olds to drink coffee at 8:30pm."
Zoey: "Well I could just try a sip, just a little one, to see how it tastes and that's it. Pleeeeeeease".
Cue this photo:
What cracks me up is that this is SO a moment that happens on a daily basis in the Lau house. It's a perfect capture. The way we're looking at each other. Eyebrows raised expression on my face. The convincing "angelic" smile on her face.
She does a good job pleading her case. So I said "Ok it's Friday night, what the heck, you want to try a sip of my coffee go for it. I should warn you though that you probably won't like it. It's strong and bitter and doesn't have any sugar in it". Well telling Zoey that "you probably won't like it" is basically a guarantee that she WILL try it and she WILL say she likes it, no matter what.
This next photo cracks me up just as much as the first. She so clearly does NOT like the coffee but refuses to admit it. Yet she told me it was good and gave me this smile:
All you have to do is hint at the idea of "you can't" and the girl will prove to you that she CAN, just out of spite. Gee I have no idea where she gets that from... ha!

0 comments:
Post a Comment