Thursday, April 21, 2011

Tragedy Averted

We came perilously close to disaster today.  Buzz Lightyear went missing.  If you've been around Zoey much at all for the past month you know that she's obsessed with Buzz & Woody.  They go in the bath with her, she sleeps with them at night, they get tucked under her arm and carried everywhere she goes.  I often overhear her whispering to them in a corner and one time I swear I caught her singing Elton John to Woody.

Anyway, I have no clue what happened to Buzz but I know that Zoey was heartbroken searching the house for him.  We tried to tell her that Star Command summoned him for a top secret mission but she wasn't buying it.  The last place I saw him was in the diaper bag at the park when Zoey split her lip open.  I'm thinking he either fell out or I forgot him and didn't notice since I was preoccupied with my daughter's bleeding face.   I looked all over the house and couldn't find him, but I did discover two other things:  1) enough dust bunnies hiding under the furniture to make a winter coat and 2) Zoey's long-lost Mother Goose book.  That book went missing months ago and it was her favorite to read at bedtime.  So we definitely have a partial victory.

While I was distracting Zoey with Mother Goose, Pop Pop went to the store and found a replacement Buzz.  Not the same one, but judging by this video I'd say he's still acceptable:



Her lip is getting much better.  The swelling has gone down and now there's just a big scab in its place:



Finn has been pretty fussy this week, I wish his top two teeth would come in already.  His gums are bulging and white and I can see he's getting ready to cut those teeth in anytime now.  In the meantime he's not sleeping well (is he ever?) and has a constant stream of drool:



However, he got a break from being fussy by being entertained by Cheeto.  He just recently started trying to pet the cats.  And by "pet" I mean "grab fistfuls of hair as hard as he can".  Cheeto tolerates it amazingly well:






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Blog Template by BloggerCandy.com